Our mission is to provide high quality pelvic health care. It is important to us to educate the community about pelvic health, to give our patients the knowledge to take control of their health and wellness, and to give them space to talk about the tough stuff.
Pelvic health physical therapy is physical therapy for pelvic floor dysfunction. Pelvic physical therapists are specially trained to assess and treat these internal muscles while continuing to evaluate their relationship to the rest of the body in order to treat the root cause. At Soulshine, we believe in a biopsychosocial approach and take the whole person into account in order to effectively treat dysfunction and guide our patients to living a full life.
Pelvic floor physical therapy can help with:
- Pain or discomfort with any sexual activity
- Pelvic pain in all genders
- Gender affirming care, including pre and post operative for surgical procedures
- Pre and post operative hysterectomy care
- Urinary and/or fecal incontinence (leaking)
- Urinary urgency and/or frequency
- Diastasis Recti or abdominal separation
- Tailbone pain
- Pelvic organ prolapse, or post operatively from surgeries addressing prolapse
- Endometriosis and adenomyosis
- Interstitial Cystitis or painful bladder syndrome
- Return to exercise after giving birth
- Pregnancy-related pain
- Birth preparation
- Fertility concerns and preparation for IUI and IVF
- Scar management, postpartum or otherwise
- Cesarean section recovery
- Testicular pain
- Pre and post operative care for prostatectomy
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Hip, SI, Low back pain
We also treat babies!
In addition to treating adults with pelvic floor dysfunction, Dr. Maya sees children 0-12 months for the following conditions:
- Tethered oral tissues, including pre/post procedure management
If you’re booking for your child, please let our front desk know. Our initial evaluation for babies is an hour, with 30 minute follow up appointments.